Can the Data be Re-used?
Yes of course, that's what it is for but note the terms and conditions below on what is deemed fair and reasonable use.
- If you use any data items, raw or processed you may not then make a charge for the data or any re-purposed data.
- The data is currently provided free and as such its use in any shape or form must also be free.
- You must also provide a citation for the source of the processed data, which may not be modified or amended and may not be used on commericial sites.
- If the forecast data is used in another application or site or mobile/tablet App that is chargeable or includes advertising, that is classified as for financial gain.
- Scraping of RASP plots and spot data in bulk, or drip-feed, for presentation on another site is not fair use and is not permitted. Access to content will be blocked if this is found to take place.
Why all this? Well this RASP model runs on the basis of not-for-profit use and sharing. So the principle is that this should be provided unmodified, free and without financial gain. However, if any RASP UK data is re-purposed, scraped without citation and/or a charge is made to third parties, access will be challenged (and removed/blocked if abused).
To be honest, if the intention is to use a lot of data or charge, consider setting up a RASP instance which is fairly easy if you follow the build instructions on RASP.INFO. Some examples of website reuse for localised graphs and information are as follows (if you use the data ensure you provide a citation):
Notes on Use
- PLEASE CHECK THE DATE AT THE TOP OF EACH MAP, AS THE SYSTEM IS SUBJECT TO OCCASIONAL GLITCHES (if one has a problem - look at the other).
- The RASPTable is only fully complete after all the daily runs have finished.
- If you get the same day on two pages, it may be that a particular run has yet to finish.
- The location of the LAND-SEA BOUNDARY is approximate.